The Fam

The Fam

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Rodeo - FIve Months




















This was Harlowe's first rodeo and I thought it would be a great idea to take her so she could see all the different animals. Of course it would be an educational experience to get out and see new things. Although, she didn't seem interested and as you can see in some of the pictures Dustin wasn't really interested either. All in all we had a good time, I know I had a great time because I tried a fried cheesecake with a chocolate drizzle and it was delicious. Of course, I really went for the food, not really food but all the goodies.

Harlowe got to see some unusual animals, which I mostly felt sorry for because you can see the poor caged kangaroo and the poor little goats had their horns sawed off. I am such a sucker for the animals. Dustin actually felt sorry for the animals too. I was disappointed we couldn't go on any rides, not even the carousel but hopefully next year she will be tall enough to join in on the festivities. I have never been in the children's area before and they have a lot of activities to participate in. It was so cute they had little kids ride the sheep and I think they even had roping. Dustin looked at me and he knew what I was thinking, the poor sheep, I couldn't stand it. He always makes fun of me but what can I say, I am a softy when it comes to animals. Although, I do eat the heck out of some fish so what does that tell you? Dustin thinks I am completely crazy.

We also went to see the Ag part, where the high school's present their animals for sale. The cows were so beautiful, I have never seen such good looking cows before. Even the pigs were sparkling and clean, the baby pigs were so cute. They also had different vendors selling good old country stuff, but they had great boots. They were really expensive but gorgeous, Dustin really wanted a pair but he has the most expensive taste so the eel skin boots were out, ha. I really can't remember which ones he wanted but it was some type of exotic skin.




No comments:

Post a Comment