The Fam

The Fam

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Keeping It Real

Oh, I forgot to add some things about my delivery. I did have an epidural and all the nurses were saying how good my epidural was because I felt like I could not even breath. It wasn't a good feeling, I kept on asking them to turn down the medication but nothing helped. I also felt really nauseated this time around and when I was moved to my room, up came all the brightly colored Starburst's, oops, caught red handed. 


I am like a deer in head lights,  oh gosh two little ones, lord be with me, ha. This was the easiest birth ever, I think. So grateful for the pregnancy to be over with and on with the caous.


Harlowe a little grumpy because it is 11pm but happy to see her baby brother. She just adores him too pieces. I was really worried about the transition but she did fabulous and is a great big sister. Thank you God, you are listening to all my prayers. We have two healthy, happy (which is relative, ha) babies, I could not have asked for anything more.





Keeping it real, I am trying to blog, clean the house, all the while Trysten is in the Baby Bjorn asleep and my precious Harlowe is down for her nap. Oh, and did I add I am standing up typing and swaying back and forth so he will stay asleep; because, every time I sit down he starts whining. Did our parents do this? 

Well it has been two months now and I am still on maternity leave, thank God. It is so weird I don't miss work the least this time around. I guess I am so busy I don't have time to even think about work. I like being home with both babies, but I thought I wanted to be a stay at home mother, not so much. Hats off to all of the stay at home mother's, it is truly the hardest job on the earth. I thought I could do it myself and Dustin could go off and work, work, work. But I was so wrong, I have had the hardest time acclimating and thank God Dustin has helped me out a lot. He wakes up everyday and asks what he can do to help me and make my day better. What a wonderful husband I have, Dustin's parents raised him right, even though it was hard, ha! 

My mother has been a God sent also, she has flew in every week for the past two months now. We are stretching it to every other week now but every time I have a break down, and it was often the first month or so, she was on a plane willing to drop everything to help me. I could not have done it without her, she is my best friend and my biggest supporter, I love you so much mother!

Dustin's parents have been a big help too, willing to give us a break every now and then for a breather. You really appreciate the little things, like going to the grocery store by yourself, it is like heaven. Sad, I know but just to go running to clear my head is like a lifesaver. I am just so appreciative of everyone's love and support. Dustin and I have a great support system and I think it has kept our sanity, ha. 

No comments:

Post a Comment