The Fam

The Fam

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Harlowe's First Hair Cut and Trysten at the Park





A sucker after her hair cut because she did so well. All I had to do was hold her hand and she stayed perfectly still. I decided no bangs, we are going to try to grow them out. We will see.




Harlowe and Christine. Christine is one of Dustin's friends who also cuts his hair. She did a great job.


Trysten and Harlowe about the same age, four months, yet so different. Trysten looks like a grown man compared to my little girl, ha.


Trysten's first ride in the swing, he really enjoyed it and Harlowe loved pushing him. She is really a great big sister.


I have been playing around with the pictures on our computer. I love black and white photos!





He is such a happy baby, I can make him laugh just by looking at him. Maybe it is my ugly mug, ha.










I was playing around with the color on this one. The Apple computer is so easy to play around with pictures. I will have to spend more time on editing my photos from now on.


I have so much to say about what is going on with our family, but lately my heart has felt heavy. I say that because working in the hospital during the holiday's and looking at other people's blogs, regarding their children's hardships, puts everything in perspective for me.

God has truly blessed me with healthy children, and I am so grateful for that. When I was pregnant with both kiddos, my ultrasounds were abnormal regarding their heart. I would literally pray and pray for healthy children, I think I even worried Dustin. I was kinda obsessive about it, yet in the end two perfectly healthy kids.

Once Trysten was born, he really reminds me of my father every time I look at him and I wish he was here to see him. Dustin and I have made it our new tradition to hit happy hour on Monday nights at our local Mexican restaurant, we love their strawberry margaritas. I did not drink at all until we were blessed with two children, ha. Having a margarita puts me in such a relaxed state I don't have a care in the world, which is a nice breather from my type A personality. Anyways, I am digressing, one night after margarita's we were driving home and Dustin just busted out, I miss your dad and Trysten reminds me of him. I don't know what came over me but this wave of sadness hit me and I just broke down in tears. I really miss my father but I know he is in a better place where he is healthy and happy.

You really cannot put a price on happiness or your health. That being said, my father smoked and ate so unhealthy for many years which ultimately caused his death. Sadly to say, Dustin also smokes and just cannot kick the habit. This has caused many fights between us, but finally I have realized to let it go. I really pray for him but that is all I can do. I see how smoking effected my father, Dustin's grandmother who has also passed away and Dustin's grandfather, who suffers from emphysema. Hopefully, it will not take a medical crisis for him to realize he needs to quit.

Harlowe is at the age where she knows what is going on and I just hate for her to see him smoke. But I guess my brother and I turned out just fine, I think we took it to the extreme opposite. We are both health freaks and both of us try to eat pretty healthy and limit the meat intake. Hopefully Harlowe and Trysten will follow along those lines. Please say a quick little prayer for my husband, he really needs divine intervention at this point, ha.

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving and Christmas is right around the corner, yikes. My mission for this coming week is to put up a tree for my babies.


No comments:

Post a Comment