The Fam

The Fam

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Trysten's Birthday Pool Party

I am back from my break from blogging. This summer we have been one busy family. Everyday that I am off, we have been taking the kiddos to the neighborhood pool, Sea World (we now have season passes, thanks mom) or some kind of activity each day. 

Trysten turned one yesterday, July 11th, and we just went to Dustin's parents house for some swimming and hot dogs. 



I know you are probably wondering why the heck Harlowe has on a life jacket, well she will not take advice from her mother or father regarding swimming. I was totally opposed to floatees because of course people who have swam for most of their lives and taught swim lessons and summer league, should know you should never put on floatees or this darn life jacket to teach swimming. Although, she loves this life jacket and has really improved on her dog patteling skills, ha. Am I expecting to much? I really want to put her in swim lessons at the end of the summer but it is so expensive, like two hundred dollars, yikes. I wish this darn girl would take some swimming tips from me, ha.


Trytee not so happy



Dustin's dad and I playing frisbee with Dustins brother's dog, Chloe. Dustin's parents have acquired this dog since Drew travels so much for work.


As you can see, Dustin is the picture taker so no pictures of the papa this blog.




Harlowe, hanging out with her Pa Pa.


Trying to get Chloe's attention


My sweet dog, Harley, Dustin cut off his face in the pic. Harley has been having some trouble with his hind leg. The vet said he tore his ACL tendon around his knee and needed surgery, but Dustin did some extensive research and we are opting for the rest method and no surgery for now. He has been doing well but you can tell he is getting old, he is 12 1/2 years old. He has cataracts in both eyes and is going deaf, I love this dog to pieces and I just hope he hangs in there. Dustin knows I will lose it if anything happens to him, he was my first actual baby, ha.





My precious baby is one, Dustin keeps on saying, can you believe we have a one year old and a three year old. Harlowe is about to turn three in October. I kinda had a sad moment, my babies are growing up and Trystee is my last baby.

I got fixed last Thursday, and by fixed, I mean no more babies for me. I had the Essure, I think that is what the procedure is called, it was an office procedure which entailed nickel coils being put in both fallopian tubes. Dustin's friend, Juan, is my gyno and the night before he asked us if we were sure about no more babes because this is a permanent procedure. Of course, my wuss of a husband promised me he would get fixed but when it came down to it, he backed out like a typical chicken. Anyway, Dustin's answer was, hell yes we are done, we have two beautiful, healthy kids and that is enough for him. But me on the other hand, said if I was younger and rich, I think I would want more. If I could stay at home with them, but of course I am an old geezer and yeah, we aren't rich.

After the procedure, I am not going to lie, I kinda felt mad at Dustin because I had to man up and get the procedure done. I am so paranoid about getting cancer again, I didn't want to be back on the pill but having these nickel coils in me for life kinda made me a little angry. I have never shared this with Dustin but I felt like he should have made the sacrifice because of the whole cancer thing. Yet, I thought about it and he has given up a lot for our family too, like putting his career on hold to help me with the kids because I didn't want to put them in daycare. So I guess I got over it pretty quick, not really, it took a couple of days, ha.


I love this little guy so much, Dustin said today that he is jealous of how much I love our kids. Of course Tryst is my last so I love on him every chance I get, Dustin always says we have a love fest going on every time I am holding him. He is the sweetest little boy, he will give you the biggest hugs and when he feels like it, open mouth kisses. He just laughs and laughs when you kiss his little neck or belly.

But he is a testy little guy, if he doesn't get his way he will throw the biggest fits and scream, oh the screaming, yikes. I just hope when he starts walking, which he hasn't yet, Harlowe will be in one piece, ha.


Me and my sweet baby


I don't know what is up with the buck tooth action in a lot of the pics, I guess I need to wear my retainer more.






Harlowe trying to show off her swimming skills.




So sweet, Harlowe loves her little brother, it is the sweetest. When we were at the neighborhood pool, a little boy was splashing Tryst which made him cry, she jumped in to the rescue. She told the little boy to stop splashing her brother. She really says blother, which Dustin says she gets from my mom because my mom does not pronounce R's. I guess it is an Asian thing, ha.




Me and my baby Harlowe


I hope you had a great birthday Tryst, Dustin and I love you so much and are so blessed to have you in our lives. I cannot express enough how much we love these little ones.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Buffy! Your babies are BEAUTIFUL!! I am just now getting on here for the first time in MONTHS! I haven't blogged in forever (obviously), and when I don't -- I avoid all other blogs because of my GUILT! I feel so out of touch with what's going on. Life gets so busy. Don't get me wrong -- it's busy in a wonderful way -- but, I feel like I've lost touch with a lot of folks. YOU, especially! I wish you all could come visit -- for real! Let's plan it!! Call me!!! :)

    ReplyDelete