The Fam

The Fam

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Christmas at the Different's





Dustin's Dad with Trysten





Dustin's Uncle, John, waiting patiently to open his gifts, ha.


Harlowe's new dress up doll from her Pop Pop and Nana


Dustin's parent's tree and mantel, with their childhood stockings



Jack did not want to give up his seat under the tree


Harlowe with her new pots and pans from Uncle John. She even got a little kitchen to cook in. She loves to help out in the kitchen. Every time we are cooking, she has to sit up on the counter and start chopping something or adding the seasonings to the pots. Today we had salad for dinner and she chopped up my boiled egg and mushrooms, my little chef.


She got a pink scooter from Nana and Pop Pop. She is pretty good at it and all the kids in our little cul de sac have them.



She helped Trysten open his gifts with Uncle John. It is a light that plays music.




John helping Harlowe ride her scooter in the house. Oh, and she got some cute head bands because her hair is so fine, the bows just slip right out, ugh!








Trysten and Nana playing with a ball that lights up.





Bath time in the sink. I love this little boy to pieces, I can't get enough of him. I know I say that in each blog but it is my last baby so I am smothering, ha.






I know there are a lot of pictures to look at and there are more to come. I didn't want to overwhelm you, ha. We had a great Christmas, I had ten days off which were much needed. I think I was the napping queen. We spent Christmas Eve with Dustin's family and headed to SA for Christmas with my mother.

Harlowe made out like a bandit, she got tons of gifts. She was so excited about Christmas this year, but I was kind of a slacker. We had a tree but without ornaments and Dustin started wrapping the tree with lights and a strand of lights went out so he quit and said bah hum bug, ha. We will seriously get it together next year, that is my New Year's Resolution.

But all in all we were together and healthy and happy (well I was happy, ha), so that is what matters most. I really wanted to start teaching Harlowe the true meaning of Christmas but I didn't find any really good Christian books this year, so I will have to do my research. I really want to instill giving back and being thankful for what we have. I know when our kids get older, I hope to volunteer as a family, and give back instead of always receiving. 

Thank you to Dustin's parents for always hosting such a fabulous Christmas. Including all the great food, I think it is becoming their tradition to have Prime Rib, did not partake, but the salad was delish. Thanks to John, Papa Roy, Drew and Dustin's parents for all the great gifts and fun times. We really appreciate all the family festivities and just being around family is such a blessing. 

Christmas just fills my heart with such joy and I have truly been blessed. I have a wonderful family and children I just adore. I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God, and whoever loves has been born of God and knows God.

No comments:

Post a Comment