The Fam

The Fam

Thursday, November 18, 2010

First Birthday Cake


These are the pictures I forgot of Harlowe and her birthday cake. I didn't get the final product, the cake, but it was so delicious. I made a strawberry cake with strawberry, cream cheese frosting. It was not sweet at all and Dustin and I engulfed the cupcakes I made from the same recipe.

As you can see Dustin smeared frosting on my poor child's face before she even tasted the cake.

Cody and London, Dustin's friend from high school and his little girl.


I made a big mistake and planned the dinner too late because Harlowe gets grouchy at night. So by the time it was cake time, she did not want anything to do with it. She barely ate it, hopefully it wasn't because of the taste, ha.

Next year will definitely be an afternoon birthday so hopefully she will be in the mood.

I wanted to thank everyone for all the great gifts and attending the dinner for Harlowe, it really means a lot to Dustin and I.
Dustin's parents got her some cute dresses for the fall and an elephant pop up ball toy. Dustin's brother, Drew got her a fun bathtub bubble toy. Dustin's grandfather gave her money which is going towards the wagon. Finally, Cody, London and Sydney got her a gift card to Toy's R Us. I am so into educational toys and Harlowe is probably not that into them but the gift card will probably be going to a Leapster of some sort.

Thanks again to everyone who made Harlowe's birthday so special. Have a great day and Happy Thanksgiving.



No comments:

Post a Comment