The Fam

The Fam

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Off We Go

We got Harlowe a bike seat and helmet for her bday and this was our first bike ride. I guess it takes getting used to because she was not too fond of the seat, but once we got going she was okay. Do you see my baby in the background trying to catch up, poor old Harley.


She is so funny, the faces! She did not like the helmet at all but oh well, safety first, ha.



I was so nervous the first time on the bike because it is hard to stop and lean to the side to put your leg down. I felt more comfortable the second time around but it still makes me nervous because I am so afraid of crashing.

If your wondering why the seat is not on Dustin's bike it is because he frequently crashes. I know he doesn't think it is funny but I could not help but laugh when he crashes, no compassion from the wife, ha. The first time he did not see an embankment and totally flew over the bike and has a big scare on his leg to prove it. And the second time he wasn't paying attention to the mossy water and totally bit the dust, I mean totally left the bike and flew over the handlebars and did a superman skid across the sidewalk. I was saying to myself, "you cannot laugh, whatever you do, do not laugh", but I could not help myself, I busted out laughing. He was so mad, I just could not stop laughing, I really felt bad.

So needless to say she will be on my bike until I bite the dust.

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. We spent Thanksgiving at Dustin's parents house and everything was delicious. We played a great game and had so much fun, we were yelling and laughing so hard, I am surprised Harlowe slept through it all. Harlowe enjoyed all the food too, because she ate so much, my little piggy.
My mother spent Thanksgiving with my brother and had a great time.

We totally forgot the camera so no pics of the family, hopefully I will remember it for Christmas.

I just found out my brother is going to Afghanistan in January so please keep him and his family in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment