The Fam

The Fam

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Happy 1st Birthday

Harlowe's fav thing is waving at everyone. She will wave and wave at people, it is the cutest thing. She did not have a big b-day bash but we had Dustin's parents over and one of Dustin's friends over for dinner.

Her faces are so funny

She is opening her cards from my mother and Great Uncle John. My mother gave us money for a new front facing car seat and John gave her a Target gift card, which we love. I really wanted to get her a wagon with the gift card because I think she would like looking around and just cruising the neighborhood.

As you can see, she is not the least bit interested in opening her gifts. Dustin had to open them for her. We got her a bike seat and a helmet. She definitely hates the helmet but the bike seat she is trying to get used to.

I totally forgot the pictures with the cake and dinner, so I will have to post those later. I think Harlowe had a good bday, we really didn't do much but hang out as a family. Which is everyday practice for us since Dustin works from home. Harlowe's bday was on Friday, so Dustin hooked up the bike seat and we took a little ride. She really didn't like it to much but I guess it takes a little time to get used to.

I cannot believe my baby is one, the time has gone by so fast. She started walking the day after her bday and now she is all over the place. She does not crawl anymore and now she is into everything. Her first shoes were a cute black pair and a pink pair of little Converse, size 4. 
Most people would think of me as a girly girl, wrong, ha. So as you can see, Harlowe has not been a girly girl yet. She is rarely in a dress and no big bow head bands for her, hence the Converse. But when she gets hair look out, I love the cute little bow clips. Although, Dustin will probably be doing her hair because he thinks he is a fashionista, ha. 

She has six teeth: four on top and two on bottom, but now she is getting two more in on the bottom. She still eats pretty much everything but really she loves the meat, sad to say, ha. Anyone who knows me, knows I love the fish and veggies. Although, she loves her veggies which makes me proud.

Sadly to say, I am still trying to wean her from the boob. I think it will be a uphill battle with us, we have cut it down to once a day which is at night only. Dustin says she will probably be five, running up to me saying, "I want boob", ha. Trust me I am tired of being the human pacifier so anyone with some tips, call me!!

She is pretty much on track with clothing and wears 12-18months. She wears a size three diaper still and is petite for her age per Dr. Zuniga. She is on the 10th percentile with weight but I guess I will not have a sumo wrestler for a child, ha.

She loves dancing with her dad and Dustin swings her around and drops her on the bed like a human cannon ball, but she loves it. She still loves to be held and Dustin says she is a lap baby but she is my only baby so she is spoiled. She loves to point at everything and say, um, um. And when you get the wrong thing for her she will definitely make a face and push things away. Our girl knows what she wants and wants it now, hopefully we, not really we mostly I, are not creating a monster.

I know I say this a lot but God has really blessed me with such a wonderful family and a wonderful life. I should count my blessings more often but every time I look into Harlowe's face, my heart melts. I love this little girl to pieces, an indescribable love.

Happy 1st Bday Harlowe!

No comments:

Post a Comment