The Fam

The Fam

Friday, October 28, 2011

First Day Home: Oops

I totally forgot to post this. I guess it got lost in the mix, but better late then never. This was our first day home with Trysten and I was excited to see Harlowe and be in my bed. I have never spent the night away from my baby, sad I know. But now I know I can pull away, just a little, ha!


Harlowe loves her little brother too pieces and she is so good with him, she hardly ever gets jealous. I am so thankful.



I look pretty rough, I cannot sleep in strange places. Even when we go on vacation, I have trouble sleeping. Dustin will tell you I have trouble sleeping at home too, unless I am utterly exhausted. But I was up and at um, at 0600 and ready to hit the streets. The nice wife that I am let Dustin go home with my mom and Harlowe to rest comfortably in our bed. And he didn't make it back to the hospital until around 2:00pm, I guess him and my mother were having a ball at the house without us, ha! We were discharged from the hospital in one day, that was such a blessing because with Harlowe we spent three days in the hospital and two were at the Ronald McDonald House.




The last picture was Harlowe saying no to Dustin, she is such a character. Her favorite saying is "NO!" and with an explanation point, not so nice. So we are trying to teach her how to say no sir or no madam, it sounds more polite, ha. Looking back on these pictures, her hair has grown so much and it is always in her eyes. I am debating on taking her to get her first hair cut. I really want to put cute bows in her hair but she snatches them right out in a millisecond. So I am contemplating cutting her bangs, I guess we will have a family discussion on hair cuts because Dustin is the fashionista in our family, ha!

Back to the delivery part, I delivered in the same hospital I work at. Not really but Texas Children's a couple of years ago opened a maternity center, so needless to say I was treated really well. I was up really early and in the shower, I guess right after delivery not many people are ready to go. I had two great delieveries so no pain post delivery, thank you God. Me on the other hand was showered by 0630 and Trysten's pediatrician that was on call was impressed, he caught me putting on my makeup and towel on my head. We went over the usual, like don't let Harlowe touch the baby, more or less until after three months, didn't happen. I think she was french kissing him the first couple of day's we were home. Bad mother I know, but I guess my breast milk is like immunization city (ha) because no fever for poor old Trysten. And the surgeon who did Trysten circumcision was one of the doctor's I knew from way back, and he was the attending, thank God. Hopefully, Trysten won't look back on this blog and is mortified that his mother has put his business out on the streets.

Looking back, the first couple of months were pretty hard but now I am in the swing of things and we have a routine that works. I slap on the Baby Bjorn and I am comfortable taking both babies anywhere. I don't know what I am going to do when he out grows that thing, I will be in trouble. It is funny but before I would have never thought this would come out of my mouth; yet, I am kinda sad this will be my last baby. I love holding him, kissing him and his big fat smile when he sees my funny face. I actually walk through the hospital thinking, I will never be pregnant again and this is the last time I will have this baby stage. I am truly going to miss it. People always tell you children grow up so fast, and it is so true. I am trying to cherish each and every moment with my two little ones, we are truly blessed to have two healthy babies. I couldn't have ever imagined my life to be like this but I thank God everyday for his plan, I am truly blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment