The Fam

The Fam

Friday, October 14, 2011

Randomness


I don't know what possessed Harlowe to put on her swimming shirt first thing in the morning, but here she is.


Her hair is getting longer and getting into her eyes but she will not let me put a bow in her hair. It is a constant struggle and one I have lost. Hopefully one day you will see a bow or a clip in this child's hair.

Dustin took some random pics and looking back on them, Trysten is looking a little pale. He needs some good old Vitamin D, the sun, badly. He is so fair and his hair is still blonde with blue eyes. Dustin is claiming a paternity test, ha, because we have brown all the way around. But Dustin's mom and my Dad are fair skinned with blonde hair and green eyes. Who knows what he will evolve into, but aren't his cheeks so kissable.






Trysten is three months old and becoming such a good baby. He used to cry and cry in the car seat and now it is smooth sailing, as long as his little belly is full. He loves the swing and will just sit there by himself, even while awake. Harlowe didn't last long in the swing when she was awake, she wanted to be held a lot. Trysten is sleeping better at night but still waking up at 0300 or 0400 for Dustin, but for me he will sleep until 0600 or 0700.

I am still breastfeeding and hopefully will breastfeed until he is one. But he is getting his teeth in and he is so rough, so I am hoping for the best. I am proud to say Dustin is doing pretty good with the two little one's by himself. I think he is handling it better than I could have and he is actually waking up to feed Trysten. I am so proud, I guess Trysten has a loud voice and won't let him sleep unless he gets fed.

Harlowe is a character, she has turned two and sadly to say I didn't give her a party, let alone bake her a cake. I am such a terrible mother, we just moved into a new house and I started working. Excuses, excuses, I will definitely make it up to her next year. Dustin's mom was nice enough to bake two cakes for her and buy her a lot of great gifts. Oh, I did muster up the strength to get Harlowe donuts for her b-day, one strawberry with sprinkles and a blue one with sprinkles. And we found some random candles, so she had birthday donuts. She loved blowing the candles out and she loves donuts, so all in all an okay b-day.

We didn't even get pics of the donuts because we couldn't find the camera in all the wreckage. Bad parenting I know, but moving is such a nightmare. It has been two weeks in and we are still living out of boxes. I am ready for some normalcy and order. Who knew you would miss order and organization so bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment