The Fam

The Fam

Monday, October 24, 2011

Photo Shoot


















I know these pictures are more or less the same but I had to include all of them, I didn't know which ones to delete. I bought these cute shirts off of Etsy and since Harlowe was a baby, I just love, love, love this site. It is a website with a bunch of homemade items and they have the cutest children's stuff. I wish I was crafty but I fell short on that department, I even bought iron on applique's for Harlowe when she was a baby and still haven't done them. I know that doesn't have anything to do with being crafty, so maybe I am just lazy, ha.

Anyway, I had to get a photo op before Trysten grew out of his shirt, I had to squeeze his big body in this tiny shirt. It totally stinks that he has already out grown this shirt, my big fatty, ha. Trysten is three months here and Harlowe is two years old.

Trysten's eyes are still the bluest, most beautiful eyes. He gives you the sweetest gazes and smiles when he sees Dustin or I, not so much Harlowe because she just gives him the biggest hugs and the sloppiest kisses. She loves her brother to death and it is so cute to see, I never would have thought how amazing she is with him. He is still not sleeping that well and lately he is waking up at 0300 for a feeding and again at 0600. Hopefully soon it will get a little better.
I finally have his weight's from the MD: at two weeks he was: Length: 22 inches in the 82%, Weight: 10 pounds 3 ounces in the 76% and Head: 37cm in the 37%. At two months: Length: 20 1/4 inches in the 63%, Weight: 17 pounds 2 ounces (the paper was some how cut up so I am not sure what percentile he was), and Head 13 3/4 inches in the 27%.

Harlowe is talking up a storm, she is speaking in a couple word sentences and you can tell she wants to form more words in each sentence. She copies everything I do with Trysten, she tries to pump her little boobies and breast feed her baby, so cute. She will even pat her baby on the back while breastfeeding her. We haven't put her in school yet, hopefully we can do it after the holiday's. We just moved into a new house and I just started work so we are super busy. We are working on her colors, numbers and ABC's. The colors need work, but she has gotten pink and blue down. She can almost count to ten but skips three and four for some reason. She doesn't like me to sing the ABC song so we are reading the Doctor Seuss ABC book, she really likes it. It is so funny, the Doctor Seuss book has some weird things in it, like for Z it is a zizzer, zazzer, zuzz. And she will point to the big monster looking type thing and go huh? All I can say is I don't know either, maybe I should call it a zebra because she knows what that is.

We are still struggling with the potty training, she doesn't want to have anything to do with the potty. People have given me the advice to dump the diapers and put her in panties but her poop is so soft, (I know to much info, ha) I really don't want to clean it up. Maybe one day I will muster up the strength to put on the panties.

We are in our terrible two's, although I didn't think she was that bad. But after our photo shoot she had a melt down because I wouldn't take anymore pictures of her. She had a total melt down and I didn't know what to do, I just let her lay in my lap and cry. I know you are suppose to let them express their feelings but we have to threaten her with time out if she doesn't stop crying. I don't know what else to do, I guess parenting it trial by error and hopefully you get it right in the mean time.

No comments:

Post a Comment