The Fam

The Fam

Thursday, May 16, 2013

Children's Festival

We went to the Children's Festival back in April, the weather in Houston has been so nice lately. Sunny skies and cool temperatures. 

Visible changes had a booth for $10 hair cuts, so how could you pass on a $10 hair cut. 

Tryst doesn't look too happy after the hair cut, but I think both kiddos had a lot of fun. 




My little man. These are I-phone pics, Dustin would not let me lug around the Nikon. The pics are pretty good for a phone.




Harlowe had such a great time this year, she enjoyed a bunch of rides and Dustin's parents even came along this year.




She even held perfectly still for face painting. She picked out something with blue in it of course, her fave color.





My pretty blue princess


She even rode on a real pony and didn't even cry.





We had a lot of fun at the festival. We got there right when it opened so we could find parking and avoid the crowds for a little bit. It was really nice and the day turned out beautiful with a nice breeze.

Well, I am back from vacay and it was nice to be off. I could honestly be off forever but I had a hard time during my b-day.

Dustin was gone for my b-day so I was alone with the kiddos only for a couple of days but those days were the hardest.

I started my period, I know too much info, but I was an emotional mess. I found myself yelling at the kids more and even crying. I remember when I just had it, Harlowe was whining and I cannot remember what Tryst was doing. But all I remember was throwing the bath rag against the wall and busting out in tears, saying it is my birthday and all day I have done things for y'all and you don't even appreciate it.

Looking back, I have to laugh but in the moment I wanted to hide in a dark corner with a stiff drink and lots of chocolate, and I don't even drink, ha.

How can a one year old and three year old possibly appreciate and empathize with their crazy mother? Anyway, to say the least in those very few days I thought I was not cut out to be a stay at home mother.  I thought I wasn't even a good mother those two days, I really felt like I was constantly raising my voice, to put it nicely.

My friend, Jodi, is a stay at home mom of three little girls, very close in age and I don't know how she does it?

But after I got myself together and went back in the bathroom, Harlowe was saying I am so sorry mom, don't cry, I love you so much. And Tryst was saying, crying, crying, ah ah. I could have just died right there. I felt so bad, I just said I really miss your daddy and wish he were here.

I told Dustin I could be a stay at home mom but those two days, it was like I was a single parent. I really commend single parents and stay at home parents because it is truly the hardest job.

So, I am back at work and reflecting on my whole experience, I like working, I don't know what it is but I feel smart at work and my brain works differently. At home you have to do strategize and use critical thinking just to make out the door and to an activity on time, and to make sure you have a home cooked meal on the table at an appropriate time and keeping your household in order. It is truly exhausting.

I guess I didn't do a very good job because before I went to work today, Dustin said you really let this place go while I was gone. I mean really, ha. Oh well, maybe I can be a stay at home mom when the kiddos go to school, ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment