The Fam

The Fam

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Date Day

Dustin's parents watched the kiddos for the day so Dustin and I could have a date day for my b-day.

We enjoyed Starbucks coffee while window shopping, it was really nice to just be carefree and do what ever you want. 

So we hit some antique and high end furniture shops to browse around and crush over some expensive things. 

We just talked about what we would love in our dream house, it was really nice. 

My mother just moved into her new condo or high rise, I don't know what you would call it. It is right on the Riverwalk and I think she is really enjoying herself. 

I have not seen it yet but Dustin helped her pick it out and I am going to help her furnish it.




I am in love with bone inlay furniture and would love to have one.


Not loving the price.


I love the detail on this dresser and the pulls. There are wooden inlays you can buy online to hack this dresser. There are a ton of Ikea hacks online and they look pretty good. Dustin hates Ikea but I suckered him into buying a white lacquered storage unit for the kids toys and I love it. Dustin said he even liked it after he put it together because the room feels more organized.

You cannot beat $80 storage unit when Pottery Barn wants up to $200-$300 for their units.




I love the navy blue. I am so into blue. On accident our whole house is a shade of blue because the grey color I picked out wasn't so grey after all.



I love the acrylic legs on this chair and I am in love with ghost chairs but they are so expensive.



These pics are really bad but I love this floor lamp, it is so organic and would add a lot of texture to a room.


I really liked the look of this couch for my mother but it was not comfortable at all.


This is such a cute idea to display your jewelry.


Dustin and I love teak but again it is so expensive. This chair was not comfortable but I liked the look.



I am finally on the Cross Fit bandwagon. I actually signed a year contract, yikes, and it is not cheap. The cross fit gym I really liked is $150 a month but it is totally worth it, I am in love. After the first day, I only did a fit test of sit ups, girly push ups and squats, doing one of each in one minute and progressing upward until you could not finish a set in one minute. I only got to eight each and it sounds pretty easy but I could not walk for two days and I took Motrin for the pain, ha.

I could run forever but I have no strength what so ever. I have been going for about two weeks now and I just love it.

Dustin wanted me to ask for everyone to pray for him because once again he has decided to quit smoking. I am hoping he does but it is all in God's hands, I will keep you posted. I just wish I could lock him up somewhere and he would just have to sweat it out by himself. But what's a girl to do, I think he would call the cops if I did that, ha.

Happy late Memorial Day to all the special people, Fred, who serve our country and risk their lives for our freedom. It takes a special person to serve in the military and it takes a good wife, Christina, to be a military wife and raise the kids alone for periods of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment