The Fam

The Fam

Friday, June 25, 2010

Happy Belated Father's Day


 
Us in Lake Tahoe.
The first for both of us and we loved it there, it is so beautiful and the Lake was heavenly. We were lucky and had great powdery snow so my butt didn't hurt too much when I fell but Dustin is a pro at snowboarding.

Dustin with our first baby, Harley, he is ten years old and still kicking. We love good old Harley!

Us in Puerto Rico, one of the forts in San Juan. Puerto Rico has beautiful beaches and the weather there was humid but so nice, not too hot. This was Dustin's first time kite boarding and he fell in love with it and had to buy a board. We both took lessons, but me, not so good, I about drown my instructor. We want to go to South Padre and go kite boarding again this summer. Hopefully, I won't drown Dustin because he said he would be brave enough to give me a lesson.
We hiked up the rain forest, I dragged Dustin up the entire mountain and it took most of the day. He really wasn't interested but he is a great husband and entertained another one of my great ideas, ha!
We also had a great coconut drink when we got up the mountain. They just stuck a straw in the top of a coconut and it was excellent.

One of the waterfalls we saw in the rain forest.

Dustin on top of the fort, isn't the water just gorgeous!
Dustin and his parents, we took them to see a Cirque show for an early birthday present.

As you can see, Dustin's dad is a jokester just like Dustin, ha. Happy Father's Day to a great Father in Law.

Us on a snorkeling boat in Hawaii, I was seven months prego, and we had a great time. I love Hawaii!
My baby relaxing, catching some rays.

This is Dustin, Fred (my bro), Christina (Fred's wife), and Parker (their son) on a helicopter ride at the Big Island in Hawaii. Needless to say, big mistake on my part, seven months prego and turbulence doesn't mix well. I was a sweaty mess, Fred said I had pit stains when we landed. I was saying to myself, I just got married and now pregnant which I waited so long for and now God, I am going to die, ha. No, really, that is exactly what I was thinking and poor Parker didn't like the ride either.
Dustin setting up his kite

Happy Father's Day, Dustin, you are an extraordinary father, husband, and my best friend. You are God's greatest gift to me, you make me smile, you make me laugh and I love the life I have with you. Harlowe is very blessed to have a father like you.

There have been many nights in the past where I would sit up and wonder, sometimes cry and always pray for a man like you. I would sometimes think why, God, are you doing this to me? But through it all, I found you and it brings tears to my eyes, how God's plan is so much greater than I could ever imagine. I am so glad God has blessed me with a partner like you! Even though in the rush of life, I don't stop and tell you this enough but you are truly loved and cherished.

I hope you have a great first father's day, Harlowe, Harley and I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment