The Fam

The Fam

Wednesday, December 9, 2009






Harlowe sleeping in the swing


My wonderful husband knocked out from a hard day's work


Harlowe's 1st doctor's appointment with Dr. Zuniga



As you can see, I am so far behind once again but I am going to stick with it. I am not good at scrapbooks or photo books so hopefully this blog will be a great way to document all the great things in her and our family life. This is her first doctor's appointment that I had to go to by myself because Dustin was working that day. Let me tell you, it wasn't easy and it was raining that day so I had to maneuver the umbrella, diaper bag and car seat. I tried to plan it just right, waking up at 6am and feeding her, then getting ready with just enough time to breastfeed her again before we left. Although, when we got to the doctor's office she wanted to eat again and at this point she was screaming and I was sweating trying to feed her but it wasn't working. I was new to the whole breastfeeding thing and trying to do it in a strange place with the hooter hider and in line for labs, so more or less it was impossible. It was a disaster, my poor baby was inconsolable and I felt like a horrible mother at this point. Well we got through it and she is still in one piece, ha. At two weeks I was feeling good about the motherhood thing, I was still in ah, that Dustin and I was blessed with this precious little girl. It is such a wonderful gift from God to be a mother! As you can see by the pictures she is looking a little jaundice (yellow) and I was trying hard to wake up every three hours though the night to feed her well so she wouldn't have to go back to the hospital or come home with bili lights and thank the lord her labs were good at her visit. She is asleep now in her swing so hopefully I can post another blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment